Yesterday: GIFs are great! But actually making them kinda sucks.
Today: GIFs are great! And any video (or burst!) on your iOS device can be GIFFed, edited, and posted using the Tumblr app.
- Open a new photo post.
- Pick a video (or a burst!).
- Poof. Now, it’s a GIF.
You can crop it. Zoom it. Trim it. Make it fast. Make it slow. Make it loop. Make it rebound back and forth. Make a whole bunch and arrange them into a photoset. See what other people are making over in the #made with tumblr search, then go have fun with this thing already.
Available on iOS right now, Android in just a little bit
And now, a few exciting tips:
- Don’t underestimate bursts(!)—they produce extremely handsome GIFs.
- The shorter your GIF is, the better it’ll look.
- The rebound button is rad. Try it out and enjoy the resultant smoothness.
- Speaking of smoothness, 1.5x is a really smooth speed.
- GIF a slow-mo video, then speed it up in the GIF maker. An incredible, pudding-like smoothness.
- Too much face for one selfie? Make a photoset.
I don’t have an iPhone, but i want you to know I love you @staff.